Friday, June 20, 2008

My Great Escape…

My Great Escape…

Someone (now I don’t remember who) once said that to become a good writer you should always write what you see and experience. So here’s what I have experienced. I’ll call it more like sharing a good tip.

I was already very late for my classes. And since I just had been through an awful examination, the experience of which still painfully lingered on my mind, I could not accept any more unpleasant delays. So I had to run and board the first train that arrived on the platform at all costs. Well, I had thought “all costs” before I intentionally got on the first class coach but I guess I hadn’t given it a literal thought.
Here’s what actually happened, and a good a tip to all readers, for when you’re in as desperate situation as I was when the T.C unpleasantly welcomed me on board.

Here is what you should do (and I did) when the T.C. (from here forth referred to as ‘ “IT”- the monster’.)
Firstly: Don’t fumble in your bag much. Just make sure you at least have your second-class pass (No that does not help much. May be just a little.)
Secondly: Look for the moment when “it” is trying to catch another person who is in same situation as you are (though a bit more worst might help a lot). And if you cannot find such a situation then, God Help You!
Now this is the most important part - Grab the moment to show “it” your (Second-class) train pass.
Lastly: While doing so hold your pass in the way that would exactly cover the letters second-class on your pass. (It would help a lot if your destination is near.)
And if the probability for the odd happening (which wholly depends on your luck) is high i.e. if you are lucky enough and everything goes as per above, you might even walk off without being caught, just like I did.

Disclaimer: The above is not purely fiction. But if you want, or as the case might be, have to employ the above tip for real, the above all the conditions to the situation must be true, for you to successfully come out of “the situation” without suffering a financial loss.

No comments: